Integrating psychodynamic psychotherapy, mindfulness, cognitive therapy, and harm reduction, I have been working since 2005 with individuals of all genders and sexual orientations.
I offer individual psychotherapy for adults and children, with a specialization in issues relating to sex, sexuality, and gender. I work with couples in diverse relationships. I also provide neuropsychological testing for children and adults.
I have been a practicing psychotherapist since 2005 and have worked in hospital inpatient units, community based mental health, outpatient clinics, and private practice. I integrate psychodynamic, mindfulness, harm reduction, and cognitive approaches to psychotherapy. My background in social justice organizing informs my clinical work.
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Long Island University-Brooklyn
- Licensed in New York State
- Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy, AEDP, and EMDR
- Certified in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Post-graduate certification, Trauma Studies Program, Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy
- Post-graduate certification, Center for Group Studies in modern analytic group psychotherapy
- MSW, Hunter College School of Social Work
- MA, History of Science, Harvard University
Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA), World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), American Psychological Association (APA), American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA), Society for Personality Assessment (SPA).
- Adults and adolescents with a wide array of concerns
- Individual, couples, and group work
- Children and their families around issues of gender identity and gender diversity (Ages 3+, Pre-Teens/Teens)
- Assessments and letters in support of gender transition
- Evaluations in support of applications for asylum, withholding of removal, and protection under the Convention Against Torture based on sexual orientation and gender identity